Ah the spinning roulette wheel. It has long been one of the more attractive features in the casino, be it a walk in, real life casino or simply one played online. However, there aren't many roulette guides available for newstarters.
A truly classic way to gamble, the roulette wheel has been captured in icons movie scenes and the iconography of that spinning red and black wheel is a well known staple of the entertainment industry that is gambling. But for all of the glamour surrounding roulette, have you ever stopped and thought, ‘I wish someone would explain the roulette odds to me’?
If so, you are in luck, for these are the roulette odds explained.
- The first thing you need to know is that there are two kinds of odds: American and European. Always doing things slightly differently, our cousins over the pond have a slightly different scoring system, so be sure to check exactly which set of rules your abiding by before placing a bet. Check here the roulette numbers to expect most often in both these roulette variations!
Despite the simplicity of the wheel, there are many ways to bet on this spinning wheel of fun. You can choose number combinations of between 1 single number which has the smallest odds, up to a 6 number combination. Spreading more space across the wheel, this 6 number combo of course has higher odds.
Roulette Odds Explained
Here is a simple breakdown of the whole load of bets possible in roulette and their odds explained to assist best slots 2020 players.
- Single number bets - that is where you just pick one number be it your lucky digit or simply at random - come in with odds at 35/1. That is, 2.70% by European Roulette Odds and 2.60% by American Roulette Odds.
- 2 number bets are half the odds of a single number bet, coming in at 17/1 with odds of 5.4% and 5.3% for European and American Roulette respectively.
- 3 number bets come it at odds of 11 to 1, with European Roulette Odds of 8.1% and American odds being slightly less at 7.9%.
- 4 number combinations on roulette are more likely still, with odds of 8 to 1 and coming in at between 10.8% and 10.5% for European and American rules.
- 5 number combos have odds of 6 to 1, with European Roulette Odds of 13.5% and American Roulette Odds of 13.2%.
- The maximum number combo is 6 and these have the more favourable odds of 5 to 1. European Roulette Odds give you 16.2% chance of a win whilst American Odds have it as 15.8%.
- For a column, odds of 2 to 1 are what you can expect with 32.40% odds in European Roulette and 31.6% for American.
- Betting on a dozen will give the same results, with odds of 2 to 1 once again.
- If you were to bet on the number being either odd or even, these will give 1 to 1 odds with just under 50% for both American and European odds, with American, as ever, being slightly lower.
- Betting on the colour being either red or black also conjures up evens odds
- A finally, betting either low or high gives you even odds, to, again with American odds being ever so slightly lower than in Europe’s game format.
Click the following link to find some of the top-rated online slot games.